Try varying the ingredients, and have fun with it!
You’ll (roughly) need:
- About 5 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can also just slice regular breasts like an open book.
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz full-fat cottage cheese (or try ricotta)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese, plus more for topping
- A jar of spicy marinara sauce
- Salt, pepper, and dried basil (if desired), for additional sprinkling
As usual, always brine the raw chicken if time permits! Then, preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Saute garlic and spinach over low heat until spinach is wilted, then transfer to a large bowl. Add cheeses, plus a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and desired spices. Mix it all well.
Spread a thin layer of marinara in your baking dish.
Spoon a layer of spinach filling over one side of each chicken breast, then roll up and place seam side down into the baking dish.
Spread a little more marinara atop the chicken breasts, then top generously with cheese and more spices, if desired.
Bake for ~15 minutes, or until just bubbly and done. The high heat makes a huge difference!
Enjoy with pasta, garlic bread, extra red sauce, or all of the above.