This isn’t a proper recipe with measurements, but it’s easy and tasted too good not to share. 🙂
– Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or breast halves)
– Spicy guacamole
– Bacon strips
– Sriracha sauce
– Some kind of mango jelly/spread/preserves
1. Carefully slice through each chicken breast such that it opens like a book (a.k.a. butterflying, I think). Skip this step if your breasts are super thin and can just have stuff rolled inside them.
2. If you are a truly excellent person, place the breasts in a mixture of 4 cups hot water + 1/4 cup coarse salt + a couple tablespoons sugar for ~1 hour. This brine will create magic rainbows of moist tenderness…trust me.
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
4. Blend together equal parts sriracha sauce and mango jelly. I used about 1/4 cup of each and microwaved for 20 seconds to soften the jelly.
5. Dip each chicken breast in the sriracha + mango mixture, then carefully spread some guacamole inside the cut (or, just roll it up).
6. Wrap each stuffed breast with one long bacon strip.
7. Carefully arrange in baking pan, spreading any extra mango mixture over the top.
8. Bake for ~15 minutes, or until piping hot and just done. A short time at this high temperature works a lot better for chicken, in my opinion!